Join Spa Lady as a SQL Report Writer / Dev Support Analyst.
SQL Report Writer / Dev Support Analyst
Manager of Information Technology
About International Fitness Holdings
International Fitness Holdings (IFH) is the parent company of World Health, Spa Lady and Bankers Hall Club. With 17 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, we have been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for the last 30 years.
This position is based out the IFH head office located in North West Calgary (Edgemont).
- Acquiring and transforming raw data into meaningful and useful information for ad hoc and ongoing business needs.
- Working closely with the senior staff in gathering requirements for analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for requirement analysis, design, development, and deployment of business intelligence and analytical solutions.
- Communicating findings of analysis in non-technical language.
- Working with the operational group to understand current and historical business practices.
- SQL database development and internal applications support.
- Maintaining and updating club management software.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for club management software related inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A diploma or certificate in Computer Science or Business Intelligence and Analytics’ or Information Technologies or equivalent experience.
- Must be adept at queries and/or report writing - T-SQL, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Have exposure to modern programming languages such as Java, C#, etc
- Must love data analysis and finding out the ‘truth’ through rigorous and in-depth research and analytics.
- Experience writing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Excel (macro development / VB scripting).
- Experience in Business Intelligence projects including Financial Data analysis would be an asset.
- Proficiency in summarizing analytics and conclusion according to the audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels and types of users.
- Understanding stakeholder’s business requirements and transforming these requirements into meaningful information and reporting.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills, with minimal supervision, for an ever-changing, fast paced environment.
- Health, Dental, Paramedical (Massage, Chiropractor, etc.) for full-time employees.
- Complimentary gym membership for yourself and a friend or family member.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Community involvement and philanthropy.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.